MTD Turbo-Disc Filters
Please reference part # MTD-3NA when
you get in touch. Thank you!
More InformationTHE BODY The body contains one inlet and two outlets, enabling the filter to be installed at either 90 or 180-degrees. A threaded cap is supplied with the filter to terminate the outlet port not being used. Inlet/outlet connections are available in NPT or Victaulic. The body contains inlet and outlet pressure gauge ports (gauges not included). The gauges monitor the pressure differential across the filter element which determines when the disc cartridge needs to be removed for maintenance.
THE CLOSURE Manufactured in Type 316 Stainless Steel, the quick-release clamp assembly is strong and reliable. No tools are necessary to remove the clamp and filter cover when maintenance is required.
THE DISC The three-dimensional disc is ideal for filtering hard particles (such as sediment and scale) and soft fibrous material (such as algae, bugs, cottonwood seed, etc.). The color-coded dics are available in a variety of micron sizes (50, 100, 130, 200-Micron).
THE LID �
The lid is injection-molded, using an incredibly strong polyamide material. The centrifugal action, created by the Helix-Element, spirals heavier particles down to the base of the filter. The particles are then flushed, either manually or automatically, from the 3/4" flush port at the lowest point in the lid.
- Centrifugal Cleaning Action Minimizes Maintenance
- Large Disc Surface Area, With Three-Dimensional Depth
- Particles Can Be Flushed While Filter is in Operation
- Several Color-Coded Disc Options Available
- Durable, Corrosion-Resistant, Injection-Molded Housing
- Easily Removable, Quick Clamp Lid Assembly
- Pressure Gauge Ports Molded Into Housing>
- Mounting Bracket (sold separately)
- Dirty Water Enters the Filter Housing Through the Inlet Connection.
- As Dirty Water Passes Through the Helix-Element, the Water Starts to Spin at High Velocity. This Centrifugal Action Spins the Particles Away From the Disc Media, Minimizing Manual Cleaning Frequency.
- As Particles are Spun Down to the Base of the Filter, They are Flushed Via the 3/4" Female Threaded Flush Port Connection.
- The Dirty Water Passes From the Outside to the Inside of the Discs. The Grooves, Molded Into the Surface of the Three-Dimensional Discs, Trap the Remaining Contaminants in the Water.
- After Passing Through the Discs, the Filtered Water Flows Upward and Exits the Filter Through One of the Outlets. The Outlet Not Being Used is Terminated With a Threaded Cap.
TECHNICAL DATAFlow Rates and Pressure Loss for a Single Filter Housing
- 2"/100 GPM Max.* @ 3.5 PSI Loss
- 2" Super/100 GPM Max.* @ 3 PSI Loss
- 3"/200 GPM Max.* @ 5 PSI Loss
high solids loading, particularly for finer
- All Units Rated to 125 PSI
- All Units Rated to 140� F
- 2" and 3" Models Available with NPT and/or
Victaulic Inlet/Outlet Connections
- In-line and 90-degree Configurations Standard(/li>
- Housing: Polyamide
- Discs: Polypropylene
- Gaskets: EPDM
- Filter Pod Clamp: Stainless Steel (Type 316)
- 200 Micron (80 Mesh)
- 130 Micron (150 Mesh)
- 100 Micron (120 Mesh)
- 50 Micron (270 Mesh)
Helix MTD Quick Reference Chart
|Model Number||Model Type||Inlet/Outlet Size & Type||Filter Surface Area (sq. in.)||Flush Port Connection Size||Max Flow (GPM)||Max Pressure Rating (PSI)|
*50, 100, 130, & 200 micron options available. Please specify disc size when ordering. Example: MTD-2SA-130 = 2" NPT Super with 130 - micron discs. Disc cartridges for 2" regular models (MTD-2NA and MTD-2NW) and 2" Super models (MTD-2SA and MTD-2SW) vary in size. The cartridge for the 2" regular models is 15.5" in height. The cartridge for the 2" super models is 20.5" in height. This means that the 2" super models have approximately 40% more surface area for filtration (186 sq. inches vs. 263 sq. inches).